Friday, February 13, 2009

Gods with clay feet

Something’s been bothering me for some time now. It’s been itching in the back of my head, irritating my subconscious for almost a year. This fog of adulthood, so different from the bright sunshine of youth. I need a light, a beacon to take me home. One of the hardest things to come to terms with is that those who were your pillars of strength during your childhood are, well, human. How does one come to terms with the cold, hard truth when they make mistakes, leave flawed legacies behind that make you question the very truths you built your existence on? How does one let go of the resentment, get on with what needs to be done and finally accept them and love them unconditionally for who they are, who they were? Human.

I’m still trying to figure that out.

2 comments:

Dee said...

:)

Gutterflower said...

It does suck doesn't it?

When the pedestal you carefully placed the people you revere comes crumbling and when it gradually dawns that they, like everyone else are flawed after all.

I don't know if you ever come to terms with it. You just learn to live with it.

And as for loving them for who they are... The wounds heal with time I suppose.

Loved the title of the post btw.